Ruby on Rails is one of the most popular web applications development frameworks, and one that is hugely valuable for aspiring developers to learn. This course is designed for students of all levels and backgrounds, giving you an in-depth tutorial on Ruby on Rails, and specifically Rails 5, the newest release. You’ll come to grips with some of the newest features, including building real-time apps, and master some basic and more advanced development techniques.
- Access 174 lectures & 20 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how to build web apps using Ruby on Rails & become proficient in back-end development
- Build automated test suites for complex web apps
- Become a confident web app developer
- Compete for the highest paying junior developer jobs
- Work w/ real-time features thanks to the introduction of ActionCable in Rails 5
- Access 96 lectures & 8.5 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how to output to the console & to the browser window by manipulating the DOM
- Create arrays, strings, string functions, & more
- Access web services w/ the xmlHTTPRequest() Object
- Discover JSON notation & parsing JSON content
Few programming languages provide you with the flexibility and pure power of Python, which is why many professionals recommend that beginner programmers learn Python first. Due to its relatively simply syntax and extensive degree of general-purpose use, it just makes sense to know. Python is commonly used for server side programming for complex web apps or as a middle tier language providing web services or a communication layer with larger ecommerce systems. All that is to say you can do a lot with Python, and this course will show you just how much.
- Access 76 lectures & 5.5 hours of content 24/7
- Explore some of Python’s many libraries for everything from games & graphics to complex mathematics
- Study & modify code on your own to cement each topic
- Familiarize yourself w/ Python syntax & real problem solving w/ Python
- Complete a comprehensive project that integrates a number of different skills that are a part of core Python
Java is the most in-demand and highest paying programming language on earth, and regardless of your coding experience, you can become an expert with it in this course. From absolute basics to advanced concepts, this course takes you through descriptions of what Java can do, and teaches you how to make it work for you.
- Access 62 lectures & 9 hours of content 24/7
- Create a project, compile, & execute your first Java program
- Learn useful shortcuts that will cut down on your programming time
- Understand variables, operators, conditions, arrays, loops, & more
- Take a deep dive into Object Oriented Programming
- Discuss Lambda Expressions & generic types
HTML and CSS are two of the most essential programming languages for website design, allowing users to interact with site pages seamlessly and productively. In this example-driven course, you’ll learn how to create responsive websites that clients and users will love. Whether you’re aspiring to be a professional web designer or you just want to spruce up your blog, this course is an excellent introduction.
- Access 57 lectures & 4.5 hours of content 24/7
- Get an introduction to the basics of HTML5 & CSS3
- Learn new multimedia updates in the newest versions of HTML & CSS
- Work w/ HTML5 new forms elements & the canvas tag
- Build a complete, professional looking webpage using HTML5 & CSS3 techniques
Start building Angular 2 apps within minutes of this comprehensive, 7 hour course. You’ll learn this exciting new framework with hands-on lessons, and by building actual, real-world applications. Approved by Google Developer Expert, Todd Motto, this is the one-stop shop to master Angular 2.
- Access 156 lectures & 7 hours of content 24/7
- Master the core Angular 2 concepts & how to use them in building real-world apps
- Understand & resolve common Angular 2 errors
- Build single page applications (SPA)
- Learn ways to write cleaner, more maintainable code, & build reusable components
- Use Reactive Extensions & Observables to handle asynchrony
- Connect to backend services & APIs
You don’t need to learn both Java and Swift to build apps for Android and iOS. With Xamarin, you can use the C# programming language to build fully-functional apps for iOS and Android at the same time. Because Xamarin developers can stream the app-building process so much, companies are demanding them in a big way. This is the perfect beginner course to put you on the path to making big money in Xamarin development.
- Access 48 lectures & 5.5 hours of content 24/7
- Learn how to install Xamarin for free
- Explore basic C# programming
- Create basic apps w/ code sharing tasks, hints & tips
- Build complex apps like a magnet detector & music player
You do a lot with your iPhone apps, but wouldn’t it be cool to build your own apps, as well? The best way to learn is by doing and this course will throw you into the fire, teaching you how to create your own iOS 10 apps in Xcode 8 and Objective-C, from concept to submission to the App Store. You’ll utilize brand new features as well as cross-platform standards as you iron down the basics of mobile app development and start working towards new career possibilities.
- Access 104 lectures & 7.5 hours of content 24/7
- Understand Xcode 8, iOS 10, Interface Builder, Simulator, & project types
- Get a full guide to creating full featured apps in Objective-C
- Create over 20 real iOS 10 apps in both Xcode 8 & Objective-C
- Discover how to build for universal device & screen size support
- Earn ad revenue & incorporate in-app purchases to get paid on your apps
- Learn Core Data & camera support applications
SQL is the most popular database programming language in the world today, and has been for many years. In this course, you’ll learn the fundamentals of writing SQL to perform a variety of data manipulations. Considering it’s used by many, many Fortune 500 companies and startups of all sizes across the globe, learning SQL is a major boost to your resume.
- Access 35 lectures & 4 hours of content 24/7
- Get a firm grasp of SQL programming fundamentals
- Learn about ASP.NET, IIS, & Visual Studio
- Create & change tables using SQL
- Make SQL Server work w/ ASP.NET
- Join tables seamlessly
When it comes to web programming, there are a lot of tools you can learn and use to make your workflow more efficient and your products more exciting. Getting started can be daunting when you know just how much there is to learn. However, the barriers to learning are lower than ever, and this immersive course will give you a crash course into a variety of languages and tools, plus how to integrate them, giving you an excellent foundation for further learning.
- Access 67 lectures & 10.5 hours of content 24/7
- Transfer information between web pages using JSON
- Layout websites more efficiently w/ CSS & HTML
- Power the back-end of a website w/ C#
- Work w/ data more efficiently using SQL Lite