A new Steam client has been released and will be automatically downloaded.
- Improve client logic used to choose and connect to download servers, which should yield better download rates for clients with download servers close to them on the network
- Improve connection logic in friends list initialization
- Fix screenshots in SteamVR Home
- Fixed a bug where a P2P connection would not properly migrate to another relay, if the active relay went offline.
- Fixed certain web page elements continuing to render in the Steam client when it is minimized or closed to the system tray
- Improved reliability of registry saving on Linux and macOS
- Fix the SteamVR dashboard obscuring transition overlays when launching a game.
- Added mouse hover to action buttons in Configurator to display which physical buttons are related.
- Rework the setting for enabling the Big Picture Mode overlay when using a Steam Input enabled controller from the desktop client. This setting now defaults to off and can be overridden on a per-game basis.
- Improve handling of Switch Pro controllers when not universally opted into Steam Input – we will now toggle between DirectInput mode and the extended mode which includes gyro and rumble support depending on whether a game is using Steam Input
- Added the GetDeviceBindingRevision function, which allows developers of Steam Input API games to detect out of date user configurations. Configurations with out of date major revisions should be automatically updated by Steam to the latest official configuration, but configurations with out of date minor revisions will be left in-place.
- Added Change Player Slot binding to Steam Input. This allows a Steam Input binding to change the player’s x-input slot as seen by a game. This can be mapped to a chord for easy application across all games, and as with all bindings, be set to cycle through slots via an activator. Intended for fighting games and such where a larger set of controllers may need to be regularly and easily swapped across a limited number of player slots.
- Rework controller activity detection to require movement of joysticks/triggers instead of just deflection. Should fix wireless PS4/Switch controllers not turning off from inactivity when set down in a way that deflects the triggers or joysticks
- Fix an issue with Switch Pro controller joystick input sometimes pulling down when alt-tabbing
- Fix a rare crash when connecting a Switch Pro controller
Streaming / Steam Remote Play
- Fix a crash when streaming non-Steam game with touch controls enabled
- Fix some other rare crash cases
- Fixed a crash when streaming a non-Steam game to the Steam Link app
- Properly hide password entry text in the in-game on-screen keyboard
- Fix non-Steam Controllers receiving a Steam Controller configuration on the login screen
- Fix the “hide device” option in Controller Settings not being shown in some cases
- Fix the alignment of the Steam logo in several notifications
- Fix rare crash at exit
- Fix rare crash when a HID device fails to open when no other devices are open
- Plumb Steam Input’s action set change on cursor visibility feature. This allows for games that show a cursor in menus but not in game, ex: Dark Souls 3, to have separate controls in those contexts
- Use the host’s zenity program when available for basic dialogs during startup
- Fix crash caused by audio cards with no active port set
- Improve detection of some linux versions at steam update time
- More fixes to reduce the download size of Vulkan pipeline pre-caching data
- Fix bug that would sometimes cause the app to hang
Source link: News – Steam Client Update Released